Petit Jean State Park is located in Morrilton, AR
Due to a moderate to moderately difficult terrain, this race is recommended for experienced trail runners.
12.4 miles with .8 mile on pavement in the park and approximately 12 miles on the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Boy Scouts Trail including one possible creek crossing depending on rains.
NEW Map here —>
1. Start is in the area of Pavilion A.
2. Trail is marked with flour and orange cones through the parking lot. Volunteers will be directing you to cross Highway 154 to the CCC Hike & Bike Trail.
3. Volunteers will direct you when to turn right off the Hike & Bike Trail onto Red Blue Road.
4. The BSA trailhead is on your left, right at the end of Davies Bridge on Red Blue Road. Volunteers will be at that trailhead directing you.
NOW YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN TO FOLLOW WHITE BLAZES. WHITE FLOUR AND WHITE FLAGGING WILL BE ADDED TO SECTIONS THAT MIGHT BE TRICKY. AT JUST A COUPLE OF INTERSECTIONS, ORANGE FLAGGING WARNS THAT YOU ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY.
5. Follow the BSA Trail in a counter clockwise direction. It is obvious on the map.
6. The BSA Trail is well marked with white blazes.
7. IMPORTANT: When the BSA trail intersects one of the other trails, you will follow white outlined blazes as you go on the concurrent trails.
8. Road Guards will be at state highway crossings. Gravel road crossings will be marked with white flagging and flour.
9. The trail goes past Mather Lodge. This area will be marked with flour and white flagging. Go through the parking lot toward the cabins where the white blazes will pick up again.
10.Volunteers will direct you which way to go when you come out of the trail at the finish line.We make a real effort to mark tricky sections. I hope this narrative will help new trail runners have a great experience
The Winthrop P. Rockefeller Boy Scouts Trail is marked with white blazes and the BSA logo. Additional markings will be made with white flags. Flour will be used to mark where the course crosses a road.
Race packet pick-
Early packet pick-
Race day pick-
Racer start time: The race will begin at 8 a.m.
Parking: Attendants will be on hand to direct you to parking. Please park in designated areas.
Awards will be given for the overall male and female finishers. Finishers awards will also be provided.
Fleet Feet Sports / Easy Runner will be awarding a new pair of running shoes to the overall Male and Female finishers
The weather at Petit Jean State Park in April is typically warm with highs in the 60s-
Two staffed aid stations on the trail at approximately 4.3 miles and 8.9 miles. Carrying at least one bottle of fluid is recommended.
The following items will be available at aid stations: water, Gatorade, Coke, Mountain Dew, chips, cookies, crackers, candy, dill pickles, PB&J sandwiches, bananas, and oranges. Ibuprofen and other pain relievers will not be supplied at aid stations.
Flyer: If you would like a flyer to post, here is a pdf to equip you do to so.